Webinar Title: Analogies...Power Tools
60-minute webinar including Q&A
LEARN how to use the language of comparisons to add bridging opportunities
UNLEASH the power of metaphors and analogies to develop fluent thinking
EMPLOY metaphors that are essential to understanding analogies
HOW to use this technique for younger students
UNDERSTAND how to prepare students to think metaphorically prior to launching into the NILD technique
Kathleen Hopkins, Ed.D.
Expert NILD Educational Therapist, Instructor, National & International Speaker, and Author
Dr. Kathleen Hopkins has been involved in the field of education for over 40 years. She received her doctorate in education from the College of William and Mary. From 1991 to 2012, she was the Executive Director of the National Institute for Learning Development (NILD). Currently, she presents workshops around the country as well as internationally on topics related to learning development. She is the author of How to Learn in a What-to-Learn Culture which gives encouragement and tools to classroom teachers as well as her newly released book Getting a Grip.
Benefits of NILD Webinars:
- Earn CEUs from the convenience of your desktop computer or mobile device*
- Lowest cost option to meet PCET professional development requirements for re-certification
- PowerPoint handouts will be made available prior to broadcast
- Re-watch all or part of the webinar multiple times as this webinar will be accessible for 90 days
This 60-minute archived webinar is available to you 24x7 for 90 days from date of purchase.
Note: you will receive a confirmation email that includes handouts and CEU certificate within 1 business day after purchasing this product that will contain a link to the archived webinar. You will need a computer or other device that can accommodate viewing video over the internet. If you have any technical difficulties and are unable to view the webinar your entire purchase price will be refunded.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-423-8646 if you have any questions. Thank you.
* Only one CEU certificate will provided for this single-viewer Webinar purchase. Mulit-viewer licenses are available in blocks of 5 or by purchasing 5-viewer licenses. For these options, click on the "Webinars" link in the SHOP BY CATEGORY menu at the top left portion of your screen.